So, I’ve been in the Chi for a week, now… and it couldn’t have been a better week.

In my last post, I wrote about my unexpectedly fun first night. I spent most of the next day (Friday) recovering on the couch, while watching Euro 2008 among doing other things that didn’t require much movement.

Paul & Kari’s Wedding

Paul is one of my SAE pledge brothers (DELTA CLASS!!!) and I’ve known Kari for quite awhile, too, as she is an ASA. Both have been great friends of mine and we have all been eagerly anticipating this wedding for awhile. The ceremony was held in the Peace Chapel at the SAE Levere Memorial Temple, which is one of my favorite buildings of all time and the home of our fraternity’s national headquarters. Both Paul and Kari looked great, and the ceremony was wonderful… though, I thought the minister did make some questionable remarks. I found out later that I was not the only one who thought the minister brought up something that shouldn’t be mentioned at a wedding!

The reception was held at the Victoria, which sits at the top of the Holiday Inn at O’Hare. There were so many friends there who I haven’t seen since my visits last year and many others who I haven’t seen for even longer! It was such a great time. The food was great, the music was great, the people were great… it all just went by too fast! After being treated to a wonderful midnight snack of White Castle at the end of the reception, we went out to the bar next door until the wee hours of the night.

It was as much fun as we expected and more. Congrats to Paul & Kari Dobbelhoff!

More Recovery

So, it took me a little longer to recover from the wedding. The Sunday after, Zoobs and I hit up Denny’s for breakfast. I actually felt pretty good and devoured an Ultimate Omelette. We caught up and talked about a lot of stuff. Zoobs is actually thinking about trying out life in Cali for a year, which would ROCK!

After breakfast, I headed back to the city and hung out at Kartik’s new place in the West Loop. He just closed on it within the past few weeks… his place is PIMP! Kartik, Stephanie, and I just chilled on his big, comfy couch and Ali came over since I haven’t seen him, yet. Later, we headed out to West End, next door, for some appetizers. This is when I really started to feel the effects of the wedding. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t do anything.

We headed back to Kartik’s and watched The Great Debaters, which got a thumbs up from me. Then we watched the Lakers BLOW game 4 and I finally headed back to my little bro’s place in Southport.

I got a lot of work done on Monday, since I really couldn’t do anything else. I did start to feel human again and got in all my meals…

Flag Football

On Tuesday, I was needed to fill in on a flag football team that Kartik, Stephanie, and Samp are on. I haven’t played organized sports for about a year-and-a-half, so I was excited to get out there… We lost BIG, but it was hella FUN. It sounds like I may be playing with them for a few more games, so I’m looking forward to that!

After the game, we headed out to Victory Liquors, who sponsors the team. Beer, food, Cubbies, NBA Finals, and trivia was had. We ended up writing a dirty limerick that I don’t care to publish, but I’ll welcome it in the comments if anyone remembers it… ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Next Few Days

Tonight, I’m going out for some drinks with my good friend, Shelley. Tomorrow, I think Alli and I are going to be hanging out again. On Friday, I’ll be heading up to Bill’s new house with Kartik (and maybe Obed) to help him out with some things before his housewarming party on Saturday.

Four more weeks to go!